Sunday, July 28, 2013

How Many Eggs Does it Take to Make an Omelette? (Oh, and this Garlic Gold Stuff is Pretty Good...)

We're on the last day of fridge cleanout, and the only proteins left in the house are #eggs and chorizo. And I haven't made a proper breakfast for +Dean Robinson in a while so I decided to make him this quick and easy 2-egg omelette filled with Mexican chorizo and raw milk Jack.



Underneath, a bed of greens including spinach and arugula, which always play well with omelettes. On top, the last fresh tomato in the house and some Garlic Gold - little toasted organic garlic nuggets in organic extra virgin olive oil - that I was asked to sample and review.



The Garlic Gold is great stuff for people who love the mellower, rounded flavor of roasted garlic with the added surprise element of crunch. A little goes a long way, and I can totally see also using this in bread dips, salad dressing, on top of pasta and stir fried Asian style noodles, among other things. (BTW, I didn't get paid to say this, and my general policy is not to make paid endorsements, and if I don't like something I have sampled, you won't hear about it, just FYI.)

More info on the product: www.garlicgold.com.

Also, lots of omelette recipes call for 3 or more eggs. I think that's overkill for one meal. 2 eggs is perfectly filling for us most days, and easily carries us through to lunch.

shinae

No comments:

Post a Comment